WOOBAR / W BALI
The W brand has always been known for its innovative quirks, and when it comes to their cocktails, they’ve gone above and beyond. The CO2 Margarita at Bali’s Woobar sees a molecular twist on the classic Margarita, bringing to the bar a rich and fizzy flavour using ingenious, state-of-the-art techniques. In line with the original, the CO2 Margarita is fresh and zesty, but this time it comes from a peel of an orange and the unique W Orange Zest Salt. Premium Patron Silver tequila is then fizzed up with Cointreau, lime juice and gomme using a soda siphon gun, and as a final modern touch, dry ice is wrapped in an orange zest to create an aromatic, smoking bubble effect. We told you this was innovative…
45ml Patron Silver Tequila
20ml Fresh Lime Juice
15ml Gomme Syrup
2 Orange Zests
W Orange Zest Salt
Dry Ice (cut into small pieces)
1. Mix together the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice and gomme syrup.
2. Shake well and pour into a soda siphon gun with a loaded soda charger.
3. Rim a glass flute with the orange zest salt.
4. Wrap the dry ice pieces with one of the orange zests and place into the bottom of the glass.
5. Pour the cocktail from the soda siphon into the glass carefully.
6. For garnish, soak the other orange zest in cointreau and drop into the top of the drink.