Chez Gado Gado
How do you define one of Bali’s most iconic beachfront dining venues? Chez Gado Gado is synonymous with Seminyak chic and has helped to transform the Island of the Gods into one of the world’s most alluring tropical getaways. Located on Double Six beach, what could easily be described as Bali’s most popular beachfront hot spot, Chez Gado Gado seamlessly blends international fine dining cuisine with relaxed elegance in a refined, open-air setting.
Yes, the sunsets are legendary (even better than the photos in fact), and the Chef de Cuisine is a celebrity among celebrity chefs, but what truly sets the restaurant apart from the competition is its commitment to delivering consistent service, quality and novelty 365-days a year. A Dutch chef, Chilean sommelier and experienced staff sourced from throughout Indonesia can’t help but to create the exotic culinary seascape adored by world travellers and discerning expatriates for over 30 years.
Crab Salad with Roasted Tomato and Strawberry
– 200 grams Crab meat
– A handful of unripe strawberries
– 4 Tomatoes
– Lemon juice
– Olive oil
– Balsamic vinegar
– Dijon mustard
– Worcester sauce
– Sour cream
– Basil flowers
– Herb lettuce
To make the crab:
– Pick the crab meat from the boiled crab.
– Mix with lemon juice, olive oil, Tabasco, Dijon mustard, Worcester sauce, sour cream, chives and salt.
For the strawberries:
– Cut 4 spoons of small brunoise from unripe strawberries.
– Use the trimmings to make about 6 tablespoons of puree in the blender.
– Strain the puree.
For the roasted tomato:
– Remove the skin and seeds from the tomatoes.
– Cut the tomatoes into quarters and roast slowly under the grill until they start to dry.
– Once grilled, cut into smaller portions and mix with olive oil, salt and balsamic vinegar.
– Put 1.5 spoons of strawberry puree onto the bottom of a plate, and spread out equally.
– Using a metal ring as a frame, serve 1/2 of the crab meat as a base, and top with 1 spoon of the roasted tomato puree.
– Add the rest of the crab meat and finish with the strawberry brunoise.
– Decorate the plate with olive oil, basil flowers, chives and a little herb lettuce.