Filled with nutrients and easily sourced, salmon is a favourite with many people for its great taste and health boost. One of very few types of fish with a high fat content, including omega-3, salmon can be eaten in many ways. The Japanese prefer to eat it raw as sushi or sashimi, while in other parts of the world, many people choose to grill it with just a little seasoning.
Because of the versatility of this fish, salmon is great to be savoured on lazy days. Just make sure to find the freshest cuts and you can have great salmon meal in a matter of minutes. See below for an easy recipe to make your mouth water.
Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon
60ml soy sauce
2tbsp lemon juice
1tsp chilli flakes
3tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 salmon fillets, patted dry with a paper towel
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 lemon, sliced into rounds
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and chilli flakes.
- In a large frying pan, over medium-high heat, heat two tablespoons oil. When hot, add the salmon skin-side up and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until golden, about six minutes, then flip over and add remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Add garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant for one minute. Add the honey mixture and sliced lemons and cook until sauce is reduced by about one-third, basting salmon with the sauce.
- Garnish with sliced lemon and parsley to serve.