Whether you are young or old, the idea of making easy S’mores is exciting.
The ultimate rule of thumb when trying to maximize your weekend time at home is to make everything easy. S’mores found popularity in the US and Canada with campers because it’s fun to make and has not more than 5 ingredients.
It first appeared in a cookbook in the early 1920s and is a contraction of the phrase some more. Intended to provide sweetness for scouts out camping, this easy to make dessert is now popular around the world. Although it is traditionally cooked over a campfire, S’mores can also be made at home over a wood-burning fireplace or in an oven. Enjoy this easy S’mores recipe to make at home.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Cover baking sheet with foil.
- Place graham wafers on cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Layer marshmallows on graham wafers.
- Sprinkle chocolate pieces over marshmallows.
- Top with single layer of graham wafers.
- Bake for three to five minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.